Please Help Me Id This Plant Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by phishRfriends, Jul 22, 2019.

1. phishRfriends

phishRfriendsValued MemberMember

I've completely forgotten what plant this is (in photo) and I've mislaid the receipt.

It's the twisty one in the middle. It has spiral leaves and quite a big rhisome/bulb in the subtrate. Would love to know what it is so that I can make sure it thrives.

If any of you clever people have any ideas, or at least some names that I can go research I will be enternally grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Does it have a root system you buried in your substrate or did it have like a dark brown rhizome? If it has a rhizome it should be tied to something instead of buried.. the green leaf below it laying on the substrate appears to be a java fern leaf and was wondering if that’s a different species of a fern?

3. OP
    OP
    phishRfriends

I'll try and get a photo of what's underneath, because it has some rooty bits and this big brown rhisome type thing. I only moved it out of it's pot a few days ago, so was unaware until then of it, but it's been sprouting new leaves, so I guess it's happy.

Yes, that's a Java Fern you see there as well.

4. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

If it has a rhizome I would un bury it and tie it to something so it doesn’t rot and ide do the same for your java fern and if it has any beat up leaves like the one in the pic I would clip it off to promote new growth

5. OP
    OP
    phishRfriends

Ha ha, whilst looking for some completely different plants online, I think I've stumbled across what plant this is, it's
    Aponogeton ulvaceus.