Please Help Me Id These African Cichlids

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Sagar77, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Sagar77 New Member Member

Calling African Cichlid experts to help ID some fish. I really have a deep respect for you guys: with a 1000+ species of AC fish, it is not an easy task ID'ing some. I will try to post some good pics. Any help with be great!
    Fish 1: Blue jade face. Pretty but.... What is it? Scientific name and common name?
    Fish 2: If it is an Otopharynx Lithobates, why does he have a brown body, not blue.... even at 4 inches???
    Fish 3: Pretty yellow: But is if a Nkomo benga (Aulonocara baenschi) or an Aulonocara Stuartgranti Maleri? What really is the difference?
    20181128_222658.jpg
    20181128_223143.jpg 20181128_223206.jpg

2. Pictusboss Valued Member Member

The top ones a super red empress... the prettiest African cichlid by far in my op, also one of the least aggressive.

The other 2 I’m not to sure... sorry bud

3. Sagar77 New Member Member

Pictusboss, thanks for the prompt reply. I am really unsure if it is a red (or super) red empress. I will mull over that suggestion!

The jury is still out on what these 3 fish are. Any suggestions are welcome!

You are absolutely right about the super red empress (Protomelas Taeniolatus) being one of the prettiest AC out there! How do I know? Well, here is a pic of the red empress in my tank that makes me beam with joy! :)

20181128_222553.jpg