Please Help Me Find The Cause Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by James Vaiphei, Apr 19, 2018.

1. James Vaiphei

James Vaiphei New Member Member

I have 3 remaining angelfish out of 7. They started dying one after the other after living in my aquarium for about a month. I cycled the tank and everything. Today i noticed that two of my angelfish had torn fins and they look like it was torn clean off. I have about 17 neon tetras (1 also had a torn tail and signs of stress) , 4 rummy nose tetra, 3 albino cory, 5 guppies and a common pleco(2inch approx).

My angelfish always hangs out on the top and i noticed their fins had a white border so i thought it was early signa of fin rot but i saw the torn fins today and it looks like it was torn my something. What could have caused it? I really need your help IMG_20180419_215949382.jpg IMG_20180419_222013748.jpg IMG_20180419_222211605.jpg

2. j

jaymethy Valued Member Member

I'd blame the guppies first, and maybe the rummy nose tetras.

3. OP
    OP
    James Vaiphei

James Vaiphei New Member Member

the torn fins looks too clean as if it was done by an oscar or a pleco, but the guppies are moving out nonetheless

4. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

It could be eachother, my angels use to nip eachother fins when they were little...

IMO, not rummies. My rummies have never picked on my angels before.

5. t

tjander Well Known Member Member

How big of a tank do you have. Seven angle fish in a tank smaller than 100 gallons is a lot in my opinion. I kept two in a 55 and they were crowded. My point is if your crowding your angles they could be at each other. Just a thought.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice