Please help me decide...

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Tigerfishy, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

So the breeder got back in touch with me after finding out about Antares. If I am looking for a replacement, he has sent pics of 2 fish. I love them both, but which would you choose??

Fish 1 is a PK, but apprently when flaring makes it to just under a HM spread. He was shop raised (I.e bred by him is what he meant) and now looing for a new home as he has recently been used for a spawn. Not sure of exact colouring, but a very pretty boy. Have been told he is quite a character and very nosy (sound familiar??)

Fish 2 is a purple toned CT, an import at between 4-6 months. Not much more to say on this guy, but apprently he eats well and can be shy.

Make your decisions now...

Attached Files:

2. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I like the PK.......

3. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

They're both pretty, but I'd got with the PK boy :p

4. c

click Well Known Member Member

I say when in doubt...get both :giggle:
    I like both of them. I'm not helping much , am I... sorry

5. OP
    OP
    Tigerfishy

I was mentally dividing my 9.25 (35l) 3 ways to get both, but realised Draconis was used to more space! I can only really divide it 2 ways to give them room to swim.

Don't feel bad click, I couldn't decide either, that's why I came here... I do like the purple one as we never see these, and I know he travels well as he's an import but the PK has "character and is nosy". The travelling had a bad effect on Antares, the stress did him no favours, so a proven traveller is a good thing, I am very wary of ordering a fish through the post after my first experience.

Yea, so I just measured and put a makeshift divider in that tank, to divide it in three still gives them plenty of room. Eek... I can see myself asking how much it would be for the second fish, as if I get just one, it's all free so I would just be paying the price of one fish

6. Red1313

Hehehe you could probably guess my vote :p

7. OP
    OP
    Tigerfishy

Stop it lol!!! Enablers. OK so in the morning I'll email him and ask how much it would be for the extra fish :( . I really don't want to do it, but since I'm being bullied into it :'( .

You guys are so nasty (but I did mention it first!). If it is too much, then I'm afraid I'm back to square one, but I'll manage..

8. Red1313

lol yes <shifty eyes> we really had to push hard :p

If it's too much I'll take that PK boy off your hands :p

9. cajunfiberco

cajunfiberco Well Known Member Member

If both are too much, go with the PK.

10. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

I like the PK as well... lovely colors and there is just SOMETHING about him, ya know?

11. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

I like the PK but the CT sure is a looker too lol.

12. kcarmartinez

kcarmartinez Valued Member Member

I too am drawn to the PK. And the benefit of having character makes him even more appealing.
    Hopefully you will be able to get both though. Some diversity since they are completely different in color, finage, and personilty. They even look good next to eachother. ;D

13. u

uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

I like the PK. He does have that "something." Whatever that quality is ... he's got it, in my opinion!

No offense is meant by this comment, but every Crowntail I glanced over at Petsmart today looked exactly like that one. Its a bit of a turnoff to me. They were all literally those colors.

14. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

I wish my petsmart had a crowntail like that all they usually carry is blue. I got Plato by luck lol.

15. OP
    OP
    Tigerfishy

I wish my pet store carried CTs in general lol!! I found a trade place that sells them, but they all looked a bit miserable, and I only found my last one at the back of the shelf trying to get to all the other fish through his cup by pure chance...

I agree that the PK has "something" but I just couldn't figure out what it was either. Red, I'll swap you that PK for your blue marble lol (jk)!! I'm gonna email the breeder now and see what the response is when he replies.

I'm so bad!

16. u

uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

Tigerfishy,

If you get your hands on that blue marble I'll go buy every one of those CT's at Petsmart and send them to you for trade. LOL. I'll buy you one every month if it got me that marble ;)

Haha.

17. Flyfrod

Flyfrod Valued Member Member

Go with the PK. You guys and girls on here always fine a way to make me want more bettas.lol

18. OP
    OP
    Tigerfishy

Flyfrod: even after your MM batch, now really... Terrible lol, you made ME want more!!

Upright, let's hatch that plan and get ourselves some bettas and some money!!! <casts shifty look at map and plane tickets> :p

19. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I adore the PK. If you look closely, it looks like he has the entire rainbow in his tail. I've never seen anything like that.

20. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Don't forget, it doesn't cost any more to ship 2 than 1 !!!!....lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice