PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!! blood parrot fish trouble.

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HELLO!!!!!! I have such a problem... I have 1 parrot fish that i think is "pregnant" and I cant get any info on them...... all she does is go in her cave I have and she drives "gaurds " it from everything..... idk what to do.
PLEASE NO COMMENTS ON THE FISH I HAVE IN MY TANK. THANK YOU !!!!!!!
ALL HELP WOLD BE APPREACIATED . ........ btw i do know that parrot fish arent likely to breed and have fertilied eggs , but it HAS happened b4.

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i don't think that blood parrots can have fertile eggs unless they mate with another fish that is NOT a blood parrot.....

Amanda

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It sounds like she has a territory & she's protecting it. It's typical cichlid behavior. That's why they need large tanks.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
some br parrots have been breeding lately so it is possible...theres nothing you have to do because mom and dad take care of them..but id worry about the other fish in the tank...all this is IF the eggs hatch

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank You All!!!!!!!

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What is the size of the tank you have your 4 BR Parrots in? and what other fish are in there with them? I see you only list the biggest tank as a 5 gallon in your aquarium info, have you update that info lately?

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
no i actually have two tanks , a 29 gallon and a 5 gallon ...... i have the parrot fish in the 29 gallon along with my other fish ( you can see thm on my profile) and the 5 gallon is used as a nursery for any babies. when you see the fish in my tank PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON THE FISH IN THERE, I KNOW I MESSED UP I AM FIXING IT. THANK YOU !!!!!

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
luvlee11 said:
no i actually have two tanks , a 29 gallon and a 5 gallon ...... i have the parrot fish in the 29 gallon along with my other fish ( you can see thm on my profile) and the 5 gallon is used as a nursery for any babies. when you see the fish in my tank PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON THE FISH IN THERE, I KNOW I MESSED UP I AM FIXING IT. THANK YOU !!!!!
Using Caps is rude, it implies yelling and that is not a good idea in a community forum.
Reason I asked, was that you have not updated your aquarium info, and if you would like correct information on what to do, its a good idea to start with correcting your aquarium information.
You obviously know that you have too many fish in that tank, so I am not going to comment on that. As far as your parrots go, Usually and most often the male BR is infertile. Meaning that they will go through the ritual of the breeding act and taking care of the eggs, until they turn white and fuzzy.. then they will or others in your tank will more than likely eat them. The female can breed with certain other cichlids, but there is none in your list that it could have spawned with. I do not think you have to worry about having fry in that tank with the fish in your list.

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just so you'll know, you'll need a BIG tank, if you want to keep all those fish when they're fully grown. Like 75gal minumum.

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i am sorry that you thought that is was rude and i dint mean to put that impresion on you ... forgive me , i only meant for it o be noticed because everyone keeps on commenting on my ank and im new at the website thing and his fish thing, i have done alot of research though wich has chnged my houghts on the fish thing so i am sorry if it came accrossed to you as being rude. forgive me?

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We all try and give good advice and want the best for our fish. If many are telling you that your tank is too small, and it is, it would be a good idea to start thinking of getting a new tank soon, and if not your Parrots will get huge and not live very well in that tank for long. I wish you the best with your fish and hope that you find a solution to the over crowding.

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thanks!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom