Please Help :( Is This Ich Or Fungus... Please Reply Asap!!!

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
Please help me!
I just noticed that one of my cichlids has an immense amount of dots all over its body, and one of its eyes is swollen and cloudy. It doesn’t look like ich, but there are a lot of white bumps and dots over its body. Please reply and assist me in treating my fish as I want to see my baby looking great and healthy. Thank you for any help!!!

Attachments

OP
H

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
Brett S. said:
Ich or oodinium pillularis
I don’t think that it’s velvet...as far as ich, it could be a possibility and if that’s so I’m prepared as I have malachite green at my side. I will do anything it takes to save my fish.

Brett S.

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hanzla Khan said:
I don’t think that it’s velvet...as far as ich, it could be a possibility and if that’s so I’m prepared as I have malachite green at my side. I will do anything it takes to save my fish.
Just keep the water good and move to a QT tank if possible

OP
H

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
coralbandit said:
Ich with a secondary bacterial infection coming on .
The eye is going to be a problem IMO.
What do you think I should do to treat the eye issue. I see some of the spots showing up on 2 other cichlids, do you think I should treat the whole tank then?

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Whole tank MG.
See if the eye clears up if you can kill the ich.
It is secondary and likely started from the fish being stressed with ich .
With any luck it will heal up when ich is killed and fish feels stronger.
Keep fish well fed and change water ,vacuuming daily with MG being replaced for volume of water being removed.

OP
H

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
coralbandit said:
Whole tank MG.
See if the eye clears up if you can kill the ich.
It is secondary and likely started from the fish being stressed with ich .
With any luck it will heal up when ich is killed and fish feels stronger.
Keep fish well fed and change water ,vacuuming daily with MG being replaced for volume of water being removed.
I have Marineland Ick Remedy which I used a year ago in the same tank and it cleared out the ick. I will use the same treatment method which is remove the carbon, dose the tank, darken the entire tank, change 25% water every 24hrs and redose. Hopefully this should work and the ich would be eradicated from the tank.

NickAu

Well Known
Reaction score
Brett S. said:
Just keep the water good and move to a QT tank if possible
I'm sorry but that's not quite right, The whole tank needs to be treated so moving the fish is pointless.

OP
H

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
Hanzla Khan said:
I have Marineland Ick Remedy which I used a year ago in the same tank and it cleared out the ick. I will use the same treatment method which is remove the carbon, dose the tank, darken the entire tank, change 25% water every 24hrs and redose. Hopefully this should work and the ich would be eradicated from the tank.
Any idea on what I should use to fix the eye problem if it persists after treatment, ex. specific medication.

OP
H

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
NickAu said:
I'm sorry but that's not quite right, The whole tank needs to be treated so moving the fish is pointless.
Yep, I have a 5" kenyI that got ick last year and I treated the entire tank to prevent the ick spreading. Sadly, he has caught ick again and I will dose the entire tank.

OP
H

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
coralbandit said:
Methylene blue and /or acriflavine are listed for the eye treatment early on .
Hopefully the ich med will do the same first.
Ok, I just removed the carbon, dosed the tank and covered it so the med can have its full effect. My fish seem to be pretty startled from the color caused by the med

OP
H

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
coralbandit said:
Methylene blue and /or acriflavine are listed for the eye treatment early on .
Hopefully the ich med will do the same first.
I fed them before dosing the tank, do you think that is a problem or no?

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Food is not a problem .The fish need to fed so they can regain strength and immunity.
But like with all meds a good water change should have been done before they were added.
if you didn't just do a large [50-75%] waterchange tomorrow and add full dose again like it was day one.

OP
H

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
coralbandit said:
Food is not a problem .The fish need to fed so they can regain strength and immunity.
But like with all meds a good water change should have been done before they were added.
if you didn't just do a large [50-75%] waterchange tomorrow and add full dose again like it was day one.
Ok, will do for sure, ill keep you updated.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom