Please Help Identify This Parasite

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Joey1984!, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Joey1984!

Joey1984! New Member Member

Hello, i have these little critters booming in my planted tank. I have been trimming plants that have them but cant seem to irradiate it. The closest research i can figure is hydra? But im not convinced. If anyone could throw me some feedback, id greatly appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to FL :)

What critters are you referring to? I don't see any??? Are you talking about the black hairy stuff on your plants? Thats Black Beard Algae / Hair algae.

3. OP
    OP
    Joey1984!

Joey1984! New Member Member

Thank you!!!! I have been struggling to figure out what that is. I will do some research on how to irradicate it. Thank you for your response!

4. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah its a nuisance - I've dealt with some myself. How long has your tank been running? What is its current occupants? Light/Heavily planted?
    I have found that there are several things that can keep it under control, shorter photoperiods ( even split photo periods of lighting ) phosphate levels, Nitrates, dosing with Seachem EXCEL etc.

There are lots of different ways to combat it. Good luck!

5. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

I would actually vote for staghorn algae... nice spray/dip in peroxide will help clear it...

6. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

I am with Jocelyn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice