Please Help Identify My Goldfish's Problem

1. kplmondo Initiate Member

I woke up this morning and it is on its side, as if its spine is bent, its eyes are slightly out of place, and the side its bent to has its scales sticking out, it was lieing at the bottom on its side gulping for air, so i lifted it near the top in a net for more comfort and better oxygen, I have some pictures, but there bad quality because the camera i have is rubbish, can someone help please?

If someone can possibly identify what the problem is, could you please give me a suggestion on what i should do?

Attached Files:

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Im sorry about your baby...and welcome to fishlore!!!!!

can you fill in your aquarium info under my settings? it will help us help you more
    what size tank?
    what other fish are in the tank?
    whats your readings for ammonia/nitrites/ nitrates?

all of those will give us a starting point!

3. kplmondo Initiate Member

0 mg/L ammonia
    0 nitrite
    5 nitrate
    5-10 phosphate
    pH 7.0
    very hard water 22
    Temp 18C

He kind of struggles when he see me, and starts gulping more, his gills look to be protruding a little.

The aquarium is around 7 UK gallons

and is shared with 2 white mountain cloud minnows, i know it's too small, But i change the water in it daily

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

what test kit are you using? how long have you had him?
    poor thing ....it sounds and looks like ammonia but you say you have none..how long was the tank cycled ? what did you use to cycle it with? and was your lil man in the tank while it was cycling?
    Im pulling for the baby!