Help Please help Id this fish is it some kind of Goby?

OP
allibobs

allibobs

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
AlexW said:
It's a female Stiphodon species... so yes, you were right and it is a type of goby

Here's a pic of one of my Stiphodon elegans females:
52.jpg

And my male:
678.jpg

They're an awesome little fish, good luck!
Thank you sooooooooooooooo much, it's an ace fish it's bonkers lol

OP
allibobs

allibobs

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nutter said:
I agree with Alex. It's a Stiphodon Elegan, sometimes called an Emerald River Goby. It's nothing like any Oto I am aware of & I know most of their species pretty well.

I have ott's and I knew "she" (thank you now I know she's a she) was nothing like them, just was struggling to explain why it was different.

She seems quite at home in my Endler tank , and appears and disappears when she wants, at first spot the goby game was quite frustrating but now I am quite happy she is ok.

What do they like to eat?

haji4

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have white cheeked gobies and they are so much fun. Body is the same but the markings are different. My male is the clown. Have fun with them.

OP
allibobs

allibobs

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
haji4 said:
I have white cheeked gobies and they are so much fun. Body is the same but the markings are different. My male is the clown. Have fun with them.
At the moment I only have Toby the she Goby but would love a friend for her as it's such a cool little fish

AlexW

Reaction score
allibobs said:
What do they like to eat?
Mine eat a mix of Kens food, Garlic+Paprika flake, veggie sticks and meat wafers+spirulina... they go crazy for any of that, though they're primarily an algae eater as far as I'm aware.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are omnivours but are particularly partial to algae so a good supply of that is beneficial for them. Spirulina wafers would be a good substitue if your tank is light on algae. Other than that a good quality tropical flake food & frozen or live bloodworms & daphnia will be appreciated.

New Threads