Please Help Id Cichlid

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by AshM, Apr 18, 2018.

1. A

AshM New Member Member

Very new to aquariums and dove right in. Aquirred 7 african cichlids (needed to be rehomed) and trying to identify them to learn their specific needs or if someone needs to go.

We have most of them ID'd but this one is a stumper. Posted on a few sites but the only answer I've gotten was it's a hybrid. To me it looks very much like a white tail acei cichlid but the line of color along the edge of the fins on my fish is more bright yellow on the very edges which doesn't come through very well in the photo.

Any input or tips are greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Demeter

Demeter Well Known Member Member

It's an mbuna, perhaps has some elongatus of some sort in it. I would say it is not a white tail acei as I have a female and she is all dark blue/black with just a bit of white on her tail and only show vertical baring when stressed, plus the body is too long IMO.

3. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

It is almost certainly some sort of hybrid Mbuna. Not even close to an Acei, just the elongate body rules that out.

4. Kels723

Kels723 New Member Member

I have a couple rusties that look similar, with the right light their stripes show through... but the color is still a little different. Hmm! Interesting to see what everyone thinks..? Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice