Please help i need advice!

Angel man
Recentally I bought 3 zebra danios and a red tailed shark. But when I put them in with my angels, 6 neon tetras, and 2 zebra danios all was fine. It is now 2 weeks since and i'v lost one neon and one of my fish junkies are making potato chips out of my one angelfish's top fin. Please help! Tell me what fish is doing it and please help me stop it!!!

swords3711
is the tank crowded?

susitna-flower
I would suspect the red tailed shark. They are known to be aggressive.

Sabi
I would suspect the red tailed shark. They are known to be aggressive.
That and it could be the danios. What size tank do you have?

Blub
Hi!

I cannot say who I suspect without knowing the size of the tank.

Angel man
Its a 38 gallon tall tank.

≈ D ≈
I'm leaning towards the Red Tailed Shark as being the culprit. Red Tailed Shark's are a little less aggressive when in a 55g or more tank.

If you can, take it back to the LFS you got it from and see if you can get a credit for it. Explain that since it's addition you've lost one fish and it is stressing out the other occupants. Once the tank has regained some normality again and the Angelfish's fin has grown back some, then you can go back to the LFS and use your credit.

Incidently, with 6 Neon Tetras, 5 Zebra Danios and an unknown number of Angelfish, you may be overstocked or at least close to it. If so, and as a suggestion, you could use your LFS credit for some live plants, decor or even towards another tank

Blub
Hi!

I think Harley's right. F/W shark family is rather aggressive.

Angel man
I only have 2 angelfish

ajstingy
angelfish

I was wondering if you can breed different types of angelfish together?? (e.g. a gold and a silver.) Please answer I need to Know.x

Sabi
To my knowledge, you can.

ajstingy
O.K. Thanksx

≈ D ≈
I only have 2 angelfish

Cool, you're not overstocked. Let us know how things panned out

seedy
I have a small school of golden danios and when moving anything in the tank they will often bite at my hand/arm , so for a small fish they don't seem to be scared of too much .

Angel man
well looks like my marble angel's fin is healing like it is on steriods! Like 2 days ago it looked as if he went through a blender but today the fins look as if they grew a centimeter and healed up! WOW how funny is that and this hobby!

≈ D ≈
That's certainly good news. What did you do?

COBettaCouple
I've found that angels fins heal pretty quick. Good thing too, huh?

Angel man
I didn't do anything

Sabi
I've found that angels fins heal pretty quick. Good thing too, huh?
Yup!

I didn't do anything
lol, I didnt do anything either and it heald perfectly!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kristenfaith
Replies
Views
Jaws original
Replies
Views
mtm45
Replies
Views