Please Help! I need a quick answer, Please! Help

1. lorianne621 Member Member

I have been searching for a tank that fits my needs so I can begin a SW project. I only get $100 a month in "fun" money to spend on my hobbies. So I have been saving and I don't want to spend more than I have to on a tank.

I found a 75g on CL that I am going to buy. It is exactly the size I want and though the stand needs some work. My husband has promised to either fix it or build me a new one.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/4590756290.html

But here is my problem... While looking around on CL... I came upon this ad...
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/4584946583.html
    The tank is not what I want... but I was thinking I could clean it up and resell it... What I want to know, is do you think I should get it, just for the live rock? When I look at the tank in the photo... that rock don't look too impressive, but maybe they have already sold off all the livestock. I would just think the rock would look more alive after 6 years. So I came here to ask the experts.

If all I want out of it is the live rock... then that is over 3 bucks a pound... if they are accurate
    on how much is in there.

What would you do? I need some quick answers before it sells...

2. Anthony10 Member Member

Maybe you could ask for just what you want? It wouldn't be worth much more if you cleaned it up. That and the live rock will lower the resell price if you keep it for the 75... I think you should just go with the 75. You can slowly add more and more live rock just like I'm doing in my own 75!

-Anthony

3. lorianne621 Member Member

this was a pretty good idea... I called to talk to the owner... they never returned my call so I guess it wasn't that urgent after all. I did buy the first one though. It is nicer than it looks in the pics and the owner gave me a bunch of extras and told me once I get it up and going he would give me some frags and a nice big leather. :D

4. Anthony10 Member Member

Awesome! Have fun with your reef! :D

-Anthony