Please Help I Don’t Know What’s Wrong With Her!!

ThatPuddle

FCCB8D40-0718-45B2-8731-F83DB6F4AFFE.jpeg My female betta just randomly got this! I don’t know what happened or if she’s sick or I don’t know I’m kinda freaking out!

Attachments

• 28724319-F341-4B94-BCC2-ECB3214FAB19.jpeg
    28724319-F341-4B94-BCC2-ECB3214FAB19.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 66
Repolie
Oh yeah, she has popeye. Nothing to worry about as you can cure it. A few questions to ask. How big is her tank? Is it heated? Is it filtered? Is it cycled? Do you know your parameters? This can be treated with Kanaplex, but more information about her environment will help determine a possible cause.

FishFor2018
It’s looks like a bad case of pop eye. Give me a sec to type treatment

FishFor2018
1. You need a 5 gallon filtered heated and cycled tank.
2. Treat the tank with kanaplex
3. Feed her live, frozen or freeze dried brine shrimp or if you can’t find that bloodworms
4.NO tank mates

Aquilist
What size tank is she in? Is it filtered and heated? Parameters, temperature?

ThatPuddle
She’s in a 2.5 Gallon tank that’s filtered I don’t have a heater but I have a thermometer in the tank that I constantly check, and I don’t know the parameters of her tank.

ThatPuddle
I thought she had Popeye and I googled what to use to cure it and I got mela fix and put her in a separate tank and started treating her for it.

ThatPuddle
She’s in a 2.5 Gallon tank that’s filtered I don’t have a heater but I have a thermometer in the tank that I constantly check, and I don’t know the parameters of her tank.
I’ve also been having problems with her not eating it’s been a couple days

Aquilist
It does look like Popeye. Does the hospital tank have a filter?
She may be constipated, in which case, fast her for 3 days before attempting to feed her a quarter of a de-shelled thawed pea. Or, she may just be feeling ill and doesn't want to eat, in which case, don't stress too much. Betta's can go for a fortnight without food.

ThatPuddle
It does look like Popeye. Does the hospital tank have a filter?
She may be constipated, in which case, fast her for 3 days before attempting to feed her a quarter of a de-shelled thawed pea. Or, she may just be feeling ill and doesn't want to eat, in which case, don't stress too much. Betta's can go for a fortnight without food.
The hospital tank doesn’t have a filter just because I went out and bought the biggest tank I could find at my pet store but they only had like a bowl type tank with no filter I’ve been giving her Melafix then changing her water once it begins to cloud. I’ve noticed that her eye has went down in size a bit it’s just the fact that she was t eating was making me stress.

Bettythebetta
She has pop eye

Smalltownfishfriend
The hospital tank doesn’t have a filter just because I went out and bought the biggest tank I could find at my pet store but they only had like a bowl type tank with no filter I’ve been giving her Melafix then changing her water once it begins to cloud. I’ve noticed that her eye has went down in size a bit it’s just the fact that she was t eating was making me stress.
I would not recommend melafix! It has tea tree oil, which costs the labyrinth organ and makes it very hard to breathe!!! Can you get kanaplex??

Gypsy13
Please stop the melafix. If you have plain epsom salt give her a bath. 1 tablespoon/gallon of dechlorinated water. Mix it completely. Pour some into small container. Make sure temp is the same as the tank. Leave her in bathe ten minutes.

Do you have a dechlorinator or are you on well water?

The kanaplex you’ll use in the main tank. You’ll also need to get your water tested.

ThatPuddle
I would not recommend melafix! It has tea tree oil, which costs the labyrinth organ and makes it very hard to breathe!!! Can you get kanaplex??
I ordered some online and it should be here soon once her 7 days are done with melafix I’m gonna let her chill a little until her the Kanaplex comes

Gypsy13
I ordered some online and it should be here soon once her 7 days are done with melafix I’m gonna let her chill a little until her the Kanaplex comes

Wishing you both well.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
betta06
Top Bottom