Please Help!!!! I’m Terrified And I Think My Entire Tank Is Falling Apart! Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by CosmicDodo42, Apr 9, 2018.

1. CosmicDodo42

CosmicDodo42 Valued Member Member

so I have had a established 20 gal tank for a while now, and today I woke up to find five of my Zebra Danios bloated, I thought it could be pregencany, as they are all golden, and the other Zebra Danio is silver, but I am afraid it is dropsy, as they have a redness near their rear, and the other Zebra Danio is a huge jerk to the others, constantly nipping them. I recently added seven glofish Tetras to the tank(over a week) and I’ve heard they are nippy, but I haven’t seen any of them act aggressive. I’m really scared about my fish, and I’m getting a bad feeling with my tank. I feel like my platys may possibly have some form of ich, because I see white dots in the same location on two of them, and none on any of my other fish. I’m also scared about my kuhli loaches, which I have barely seen since I added them, and I fear they are hidden under the gravel, starving themselves(I have four, and only saw one day, for two seconds before it darted under a rock) My three Rasboras seem fine, but I feel like their school is too small, and they might be stressed. My levels are all normal, I slowly stocked this tank(over the course of a month) and this is a cycled tank. I’m so scared, and I need to get to the bottom of what’s going on.

2. Rojer Ramjet

Rojer Ramjet Well Known Member Member

The more golden danios are the males; the female is more silver.

Without any information on your aquarium, there's no advice I can offer other than start doing daily 50% water changes.

3. Lunnietic

Lunnietic Well Known Member Member

Do you know what your actual values are for Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate? Any the actual number of fish for kind? It sounds to me like you are way overstocked for a 20 gallon tank.

If you believe that your fish has dropsy or is bloated, the best thing to do is to fast the entire aquarium for a day. The next I would recommend feeding blanched peas that have been smashed, nothing more. Then see how they are doing on the third day.

4. OP
    OP
    CosmicDodo42

Ammonia is .25 nitrite is 0 nitrate is 1.0and I have a total of 24 fish
    6x Zebra Danios
    4x platys
    4x kuhli loaches
    7x glofish
    3x Harlequin Rasboras
    I did a check up on the tank, and everyone is actually looking Better. The Danios definitely have red marks, and are bloated, but the loaches were fine, and so were the platys. I think my one super aggressive Zebra Danio that was a bully from the start has started bullying them to death, so what should I do with her?

5. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuy Well Known Member Member

Well, if one of 'em's being a bit too nippy, it MAY be some type of infection, but...dunno.Hmmm, you MAY have to prep for a quarantine/hospital tank...and DO keep a close eye on those white spots! and many loaches are nocturnal mostly anyway, so don't be surprised if you don't seem them at least 90% of the time during the "day" hours. Although when it's feeding time, they can some out almost certainly most of the time.

6. OP
    OP
    CosmicDodo42

The platy’s don’t seem to have ich, as I have had them for two weeks, and no other fish has shown these symptoms, and they both have the same number of white in the same places, I think that it could just be a genetic thing, as they are siblings, and I just didn’t notice it before. They aren’t showing any other symptoms of ich, and the white hasn’t spread or anything. I have been feeding the loaches bloodworms, and noticed that that’s been going pretty good, as they won’t eat the flakes- this morning I ended up feeding them my AFrican dwarf frog’s pellets, as those were the only sinking food I had. :)

7. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuy Well Known Member Member

African Dwarf Frogs also LOVE bloodworms. Yeah maybe some pics of the possibly infected fish...? Then we can likely help in more detail...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice