PLEASE HELP!!!! fish getting stuck!

LotteH
hi everyone!!! i got mountain minnows yesterday and this morning i’ve woken up to two being lodged between the filter and tank almost where the silicon is? i thought i had lost them but i blew air down and managed to get them out as not one thing could fit down there ( god knows how they did) they are all happy and healthy now and somehow are alive but as u can imagine after a huge upset this morning i don’t want this to happen again!

i know they got in through one of two holes which i will show in a picture . i have no clue how to cover these to make sure they never get under again. i’ve tried with stones but they move far to easily and decor makes them investigate there more !

any help would be great as to how to cover these holes !

photo: my drawing is so bad but i’m trying to show the two holes they can get through using a red circle and arrows to show which way they swam to get up there. the blue is where i found the fish!

Ghelfaire
You could probably cut a sponge to fit there and block it off. Try buying one of those aquarium block sponges. They're big so you have more to work with in case you mess up the size on one.

LotteH
Ghelfaire said:
You could probably cut a sponge to fit there and block it off. Try buying one of those aquarium block sponges. They're big so you have more to work with in case you mess up the size on one.
that is a brilliant idea i have some as well from my old biorb which will never be used as i will never go near a biorb again hahah ! thank u

Top Bottom