PLEASE HELP! Female dwarf gourami dying

Bill

My female dwarf gourami Edith is not looking so good I hadn't seen her yesterday, but today I found her behind some plants and she wasn't looking normal. She had dark grey under her head, almost as if the silver of the scales had rubbed off, and she was resting at a 45 degree angle. I did my weekly water change today. I checked on her later and thought she was dead (faced into a plant facing the wall), not moving at all. I put my hand in the tank and moved the water behind her. Her body moved in the current, but otherwise she was completely still apart from weakly trying to swim into the tank wall. I pushed back the leaves of the plant and she moved out, but then the male noticed her and chased her. She hardly tried to get away and he left her alone. Now she is resting sideways on some bog wood, breathing really fast, and the dark grey colouration is all over her fins (it's like finrot and the rest of her and she's looking very dull and lifeless... she has some little chunks out of her tail as well, maybe caused by the male.

I don't know why she's gone like this; she's really really shy and didn't come out with the others for food, do you think she may not have been getting enough to eat?

Anyway, I'm going on holiday tomorrow for 5 days so if she survives the night she might die during that period and all the other fish would get ammonia poisoning...

Does anybody know what's wrong with her, if I can save her and how? Also, if she can't be saved, I would like to euthanise her rather than let her suffer, but I don't know how to euthanise a fish..

Please help

Bill

Update: she's dead. Found her right after that post.

Tom

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Tom

Callum The Cat

what were ur reading I heard about ur neon too ?

Peace Out Callum!

Latest threads

Top Bottom