Please Help Fast What’s Wrong With My Betta?

CRYSTALIZEDSPIRITGRIPPER

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello!
Two days ago I got a $80 half moon betta fish from Thailand. When I got him he was alive but not doing well, he would go up for Air but then float down to the bottom, flip over and lay there until he needed more air. . I thought it was swim bladder at first, but then I noticed some ick on him. I treated him for it and he no longer has it. But he isn’t getting any better. Please help!

Nallan

Reaction score
CRYSTALIZEDSPIRITGRIPPER said:
Hello!
Two days ago I got a $80 half moon betta fish from Thailand. When I got him he was alive but not doing well, he would go up for Air but then float down to the bottom, flip over and lay there until he needed more air. . I thought it was swim bladder at first, but then I noticed some ick on him. I treated him for it and he no longer has it. But he isn’t getting any better. Please help!
This makes me feel bad but you might have to euthanize him. I hope you find a way to save him, I don't know what's wrong!

I see fire.

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Does he do anything else? Is he alert and aware in some way or no? How often do you do a water change? What kind of water perimeters are there? How is your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels? Most Betta that I have seen like this often do not get any better and most are euthanized. I hope you can figure out a fix for it though. It looks rather thin to me as well.

Skavatar

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don't see any pine coning

how does he act at night? could be jet lag. I get bad jet lag for almost a whole week returning to Houston from Hong Kong.

I see fire.

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Skavatar said:
I don't see any pine coning

how does he act at night? could be jet lag. I get bad jet lag for almost a whole week returning to Houston from Hong Kong.
My bad, wrong term that I was using. Meant something else.

OP
CRYSTALIZEDSPIRITGRIPPER

CRYSTALIZEDSPIRITGRIPPER

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well he is getting a bit better he just started eating today. I am feeding live foods. He seems to rest a lot idk why. He was in the mail for four days with another betta and they where not covered, they could see each other. So it could be stress? And he might be tiered? What do you think?

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom