Please Help: Do Cichlids go well with Live-Bearers?!?!?!?

nickabocca

Reaction score
HIYA ALL ;D  ;D
Im getting my new 65 gallon tank in about a week and im just wondering what fish can go with what. I currently have a small 15 gallon which i plan on breeding fish such as Mollies, Tetres and Guppies in. I just want to know if i can keep them in my main 65 gallon tank with some Cichlids. I'm getting some Electric Yellows and Peacocks from a breeder near by and the the test most proberly from a friendly petshop lady i know down the road.

I just want to ask everyone would most Cihlids go with the smaller live breeders??? Because i plan on having them all in the main tank, and only moving the live breeders into the other when there about to have babies. And also i've herd that Cichlid fry can survie in tanks with other fish so long as they have a place to hide. Is that true?? My other tank is only small and i dont want to stress the fish or put them off having babies by moving them.

I'm really interested in breeding tropical fish and i've done alot of reasearch. If you have any info about breeding Mollies, Tetres, Guppies, Electric Yellows, Peacocks or anything at all really, please email the file or link to me. Greatly appreciated.

Nick

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! Thanks for joining us!

The cichlids you are referring to are african cichlids, and are too aggressive to have with your fish. There are some cichlids that might do okay in your tank, but probably not any of the african variety. Do some research on your south american cichlids and see if you can find some that are more compatible.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
And don't forget to cycle the tank even before you get any fish This will give you additional time to research and decide what fish you want. Cycling takes about a month. If you do not know about cycling, there is a Beginners section on Fish Lore's main page, where you'll find all the info you need Good luck

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom