Please help diagnosis for my sick gourami

NYCfishman

Just got back from a few days away and gourami has terrible sore (see photos). I will start researching but if anyone knows from the photos please let me know./
thanks very much!

?hash=c1688de2919a27d8936333ae7ce1658c.jpg

Attachments

• sick gourami 1.jpg
    sick gourami 1.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 6
  • sick gourami 3.jpg
    sick gourami 3.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6
  • sick gourami 2.jpg
    sick gourami 2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 8

ForBettaorForWorse

Oh, that looks bad...
Is there anything he could have scraped against, or do he have any tankmates that might have decided to take a chunk out of him?

NYCfishman

Oh, that looks bad...
Is there anything he could have scraped against, or do he have any tankmates that might have decided to take a chunk out of him?
yes - she has been having a problem with another female 3-spot who grew much bigger and has been bullying her.

Motherlovebetta

That was my initial thought too looks like a battle wound. Do you have another tank you can put her in?

NYCfishman

My only other tank is a 5.5g and it has a male betta in it (and a few other small non-aggressive fish). I think that could be worse but until i can set up / cycle a new tank or take her to a LFS that's my only option. Right now she is in a 75g with lots of other fish (but not overstocked) and lots of hiding spots. it may be a hard call but any preference between leaving her or moving her to the other?
thanks v much

Motherlovebetta

I’d leave her there then. That’s too small. I dont know if they would take her with that spot you may have to take the bigger one if you are thinking of rehoming one.

NYCfishman

I’d leave her there then. That’s too small. I dont know if they would take her with that spot you may have to take the bigger one if you are thinking of rehoming one.
thank you. I think that's the right advice. much appreciated!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sade715
Replies
Views
bcfishtanks
Replies
Views
MissDHoppingmad
Replies
Views