Please help diagnose my cory (pic)

1. jbdub Member Member

Hi All,

I moved my fish to a new tank about a week ago. Since the move one of the cory's seems to have developed a white discolouration on one side of its body. Photo's dont really show it that well.

Not sure if its a fungus or an actual change in body colour. The behaviour of the fish is pretty much normal so i'm a bit stumped :confused:

Any help much appreciated

Attached Files:

2. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

looks pretty normal for a sterbai imo.

3. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Its hard to tell, but it could be excess slime coat build up. Strangely, by sterbai cory has had this problem in exactly the same place, but she is fine. It could be that she was nipped or scraped up against something that caused the irritation.

Its weird because it comes and goes on my cory. No one else is affected. Its been about a year since I've had mine, and no losses, so I'm not too concerned.

Still, be on the lookout for other signs of disease. Glancing of the substrate or objects, not eating, etc.

4. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

I would check the parameters as they are in a "new tank". Is this tank cycled? Even if the tank is established the addition to the bioload could be a factor.

Could also be from netting and moving them. In which case they should heal quickly.

How many cories do you have? Which tank are they now in?

5. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Fish get blemishes from time to time. With waterchanges and time, they will almost always heal on their own.

6. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

^ this is what i meant by normal btw, i had sterbai and they were always rummaging through the gravel more so then my other cory.

7. jbdub Member Member

Thanks all for feedback. Water paramaters are PH 7, Amonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5. I have 3 cory's, 2 emerald and this Sterbai. Looking for another Sterbai at the mo.

I guess it most have been from the move but just wanted to double check in case I had to quarantine him