Please help constipated/bloated Oscar fish

Oscarlover300

My 3rd old female Oscar fish has been slowly getting worse she hasn’t made any dark poop in a week just green from peas and not much at all nothing the last 3 days. I think this is the end, I have 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of Epsom salt in main tank to try and release the blockage, have even tried 3 Epsom salt baths. I have been giving her a little bit of pea covered in metroplex and focus by Seachem. But she hasn’t even went poop since. Do I not feed her at all now what cna I medicate with should I try prazipro or kanaplex. Today she was twitching her fins and biting at the air really acting weird, her one eye even looks a little more bulged. feel like she may be suffering soon. Anything else I can do at this point at all? Leading up to this she would swim erratically at times when pooping. She means the world to me this is traumatizing. At this point I need to have clove oil on hand incase something tragic starts to happen. What kind of clove oil exactly? Anyone have info on that. Never thought this would come so soon. I hope she didn’t swallow a pebble or a tumor. She was given different pellets not to long before this either :/ so many variables. If anyone has anything for me at all would me the world to me. She still swimming so beautifully back and fourth but telling me it’s time :/ sitting on bottom leaned nitrate30 nitrite 0 ammonia0 ph7.6 fluVal FX6 worried I fed her to much of a pellet based diet. Is it to late:/ have fed her cucumbers, peas not much lately at all.

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 3.5 years
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? Month or so
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Her ovipositor is now visible??? the local store might think she’s laying eggs but doesn’t explain constipation or bloating, in a tank by herself bloated/constipated Sometimes I noticed her swimming erratically when she’s trying to poop, as if it’s not coming out easily and now I haven’t seen much poop at all, have been fasting and feeding lighter but not much

How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? She also has been battling hole in the head for a while it has gotten much better past few months some scar up and don’t completely go away, she still is acting happy swimming erratically at times, her ovipositor just became visible yesterday or day before is this becaus of such a. Bad blockage or could she be laying eggs??she is everything to me any pieces of info or tips would mean the world to me, just feel like I’m running out of time and it’s affecting me more than I’d ever imagine, thank you so much
9F7527DA-1BFC-49A4-AE04-E00A9188E869.png
7444AD88-C861-4186-BBA3-6D8168035BCE.png
5A60AD6B-0586-465E-A120-E45F4FADE60B.png
46D65482-9893-421F-8AFF-F9E22C0CFC20.png
9E0204AB-4CC1-4314-AEF9-4F974F6D9FA0.png
75E781B6-E406-424A-8DBF-E643DEE11E92.png

GingerV513

I just want to say I’m so sorry you have to go through this. Praying for her

Upvote 0

Oscarlover300

I just want to say I’m so sorry you have to go through this. Praying for her
I Appreciate you, feel like I’m going to be waving at the wall where she used to be, don’t think I can ever have another tank my first fish ever just hitting hard

Upvote 0

GingerV513

I Appreciate you, feel like I’m going to be waving at the wall where she used to be, don’t think I can ever have another tank my first fish ever just hitting hard
I lost mine last week.. I didn’t have him as long, but It hurts... I really hope you don’t have to put her down... have you called any fish stores or experts?

Upvote 0

Oscarlover300

Update after researching for days and days I think I know what this is Malawi bloat?!?!? Anyone? I’ve already been treating with metroMaybe that has saved her to this point

Upvote 0

Oscarlover300

Update, I’ve done a 40% water change and re added Epsom salt @1 tablespoon per 5 gallons she is still swimming a lot. Need opinions here do I feed her pea with medicine still or fast her completely. She pooped last night! what looked like pieces of pea but I feel as if I overfed her before the bloat and There’s still food in her is this possible

Upvote 0

Oscarlover300

Am treating her with prazipro now Incase internal parasites. as well as metroplex and focus in her food. I’ve heard metro and prazi are the works. Nothing else I can do and feel helpless the fish stores the online vets no one can help me

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CoconutTheBetta
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies