Please critique my Plant order--need to narrow this down!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Hootrvil, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Hootrvil

HootrvilNew MemberMember

Hello! I need to narrow my plant want list down to what will work best in my setup. this is a new tank set up.
    29G, medium light, CO2 and Fluorite/sand substrate.
    I'm really wanting to keep the plants green--I'm not crazy about the reds, bronzes etc. I also don't like the bushy fine needled plants. So here's my list--please tell me what you think are good or bad choices and why.
    I've looked at all of these at various plant profile places, and have actually trimmed it down some already.

Crypt Parva
    Crypt Spiralis
    Anubias Nana
    Anubias Coffeefolia
    Hygrophila Difformis
    Hygrophila Narrow
    Hygrophila giant
    Staurogyne Repens
    Vallisneria Maricana
    Valisneria Spiralis
    Mayaca Fluviatilis
    Dwarf Baby Tears
    Round Pellia
    Pygmy Chain Sword
    Cardamine Lyrata
    Echinodorus Parvi Florus
    Bolbitis Heudelotii
    Java Fern

What of these would make the best fore, mid and background plants for me? As you can see, I need to narrow this down!
    Please excuse any spelling errors!
    TIA!

2. thefishdude277

thefishdude277Well Known MemberMember

First of all, what is "medium light"?
    All plants need at least 6500 Kelvin Rate Bulbs to live

:)

3. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

"Medium light" means a medium amount of light, low light plants can thrive on as little as four hours of light a day, high light plants need as much as ten hours a day, medium might be in between.

4. OP
    OP
    Hootrvil

HootrvilNew MemberMember

I'm planning on using a T5 HO 6500k, 5000 Lumens--but I don't think that number matters so much??
    I guess by medium I mean that the plants nearer the bottom will not receive direct light due to shading from taller plants....does that make sense?
    Is that a good bulb size--I'm shooting for overall health and not necessarily "explosive" growth. LOL