Pleasant Surprise in my Canister filter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AmazonPassion, Dec 11, 2012.

1. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

So I always read that people are always finding frys, fish, or shrimps in their canister filters when they do their maintenance....Well, I was actually thinking that as i was cleaning my canister and thought there is no way I will find anything until I looked closely and found Red Cherry Shrimp.

I always think I would never find anything because I have the intake cages wrapped with fish net material so nothing can be sucked in....

Yay!!!!

2. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

I once found 17 RCS in my filter, but that was before I put a sponge on the intake :p

Congrats! It's always fun to find surprises :)

3. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

He was probably like, turn the light off and leave me alone :) I'm sure there was plenty of food in there for him. RCS have a way of getting in to places you didn't think they could.

4. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

I love surprises as long as they are not pond snails and or dead ;)

5. OP
    OP
    AmazonPassion

I found 5 RCS ;) Currently in a plastic container...going to acclimate them into my endler tank since half tank is covered with najas grass.

6. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

Did you not have a colony in that tank? Are these guys the survivors?

7. Ava

AvaValued MemberMember

Ditto! :)

8. OP
    OP
    AmazonPassion

I had a huge colony until my Angelfish were introduced...they have been slowly diminishing....I am going to try build them back up again.

9. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

Well then yay for the refugees!

10. guppygrl

guppygrlValued MemberMember

That's exciting! I found a swordtail fry and guppy fry on the weekend. Surprises are nice!

11. OP
    OP
    AmazonPassion

Update on the shrimps in the Endler tank...two of them are berried now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice