pleaaaaaaaaaase

1. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Everyone that can, take 3 items out of your closets and donate to your local food pantry!!!!!!!!!!

I know ours got 72% more needs than last year and are slowly emptying out!!!!

Ive also started collecting items in the name of our site LOL (i know the pantries look at me like im nuts)

I know times are tough for us all, but give up that driftwood or extra purchase of fin babies and give to the food pantries...just to be able to have fish tank(s) (not a necessity in life for sure) is a blessing...lets remember those that just would like food....

Thank you to all that take the time to do so!!!!!!!!

also check out SDS thread where time is just as precious!
    https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/general-discussion/57715-seasonal-reminder.html

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:;wv
    Great reminder Shawnie.
    Around here, the boy scouts just had their annual food drive.
    We were sure to give extra!

3. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Just to add on to this -
    Local Orgs. need COATS & GLOVES
    Phi Theta Kappa just did a large clothes drive, and they told us that the need is worse this year than ever before.

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Great reminder, Shawnie! We've donated once this year, but I'm sure we could come up with some more. It's amazing how a few cans from several different people can feed a family.

Also, there are a lot of animal shelters and humane societies who could use some donations as well. They're overloaded with animals who've lost their homes.

5. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Thanks for the timely reminders!

Our local food bank tells me they are serving twice as many families as this time last year. My small advocacy/mentoring organization has had a 20% increase in families requesting services in the last three weeks.

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

TY EVERYONE!!!!!

and as SDS suggested in his thread, for those that cant afford food and such to donate, can donate their time!!!!!!!! which is totally free...:)

7. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

Being able to donate time and supplies is my favorite thing this time of year.

8. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks for the reminder Shawnie :) We are doing a food drive at our dance studio during the month of December, so I am hoping that we can get lots of people to donate.

9. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

TY to everyone who donates and to all that share the things in life we all take for granted sometimes...our time!