Playing With Fishy Boris

1. Georgie Girl

Georgie Girl Member Member

Boris really likes motion outside his tank. I do all I can, as frequently as I can, to entertain him.

I hit upon this a few days ago. I dance this orange bandana in front of the aquarium. He comes to it, watches, swims around then stops and watches again. He's definitely reacting to the bandana. I can't tell if he's really excited or just interested - but it's good that he's interested.

I'm looking around for other ways to enrich him. I got some good ideas from another thread, the best, I think, is to give him live food. I'm working myself up to that. 20180529_184623.jpg

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Cute! Is this your first betta?
    I always found that first time betta owners always try new things that experienced people wouldn't have thought of.
    That's how it was for me, I did so much with my first betta, I have strong memories back then.

3. OP
    OP
    Georgie Girl

Georgie Girl Member Member

Yep, he's my first. I'm so happy to have him. He's a tiny cup survivor.

4. Algonquin

Algonquin Member Member

My daughter was looking at something on her tablet one time, sitting next to the tank, and betta totally reacted to it! You could try any colourful videos (she played some kind of rainbow thing for him) or high quality videos of other fish swimming around. You might have to limit his screen time though lol :D
    We also place different coloured objects beside his tank and change them up regularly.
    And I swear one time he was watching the hockey game on TV with us:)