platys pregnant? and other question

Discussion in 'Platy' started by Spectralflux, Mar 13, 2012.

1. SpectralfluxNew MemberMember

i have a 20 gallon tank i have 4 female platys and 2 males and a rubber lip pleco in my tank

so i have had them a week and half ago and a week ago tonight one of the females had 5 fry witch i saved all of and have them in a 10 gallon tank and they are doing the other 3 females i think are pregnant but the 2 more then others one but im just looking for a for sure that they are pregnant and if they should be divided already as i can no longer put them in my 10 gallon so i would have to put them in the breeding traps i have and i dont want to put them in too early so any help telling how soon they may be from dropping there fry

the first 2 pictures are one female and the next 3 are the second female
    ( im sorry the pictures are not ammazing they dont like to sit still very long

thank in advance

Attached Files:

2. octonaut

octonautValued MemberMember

I don't have a huge amount of experience (I'm waiting for my first fry right now!!) but I'd say the fish in pictures 1, 2 and 5 are pregnant...they look just like Tiger does right now. A for how close to their fry I really couldn't say.... but I'm sure that one of the more experienced members will be along shortly :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice