platys pregnant? and other question

1. Spectralflux Initiate Member

i have a 20 gallon tank i have 4 female platys and 2 males and a rubber lip pleco in my tank

so i have had them a week and half ago and a week ago tonight one of the females had 5 fry witch i saved all of and have them in a 10 gallon tank and they are doing the other 3 females i think are pregnant but the 2 more then others one but im just looking for a for sure that they are pregnant and if they should be divided already as i can no longer put them in my 10 gallon so i would have to put them in the breeding traps i have and i dont want to put them in too early so any help telling how soon they may be from dropping there fry

the first 2 pictures are one female and the next 3 are the second female
    ( im sorry the pictures are not ammazing they dont like to sit still very long

thank in advance

Attached Files:

2. octonaut Member Member

I don't have a huge amount of experience (I'm waiting for my first fry right now!!) but I'd say the fish in pictures 1, 2 and 5 are pregnant...they look just like Tiger does right now. A for how close to their fry I really couldn't say.... but I'm sure that one of the more experienced members will be along shortly :)