Platys And Betta?

Frani

I have a pregnant platy and two 20gal (normal) tanks. I am waiting for the platy to give birth to put the babies in my second 20gal. My question is: can a female betta and some platys coexist? I would put the betta in when the platies were at least two months old

luckdown

I had a male betta in with my Platies and they were fine. It really depends on the bettas temperament though.

King o´ Angelfish

HI Frani,
Honestly, it depends on the Betta. The two can coexist temperature wise and stuff, but the Betta´s aggression may be too mcuh for the platies. Try, it out. Dont put small platies though. If it works and the Betta is not overly aggressive then yes they could coexist. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Depends on the Betta´s tolerance.

Frani

Thanks, we’ll see how things go.

King o´ Angelfish

Frani said:
Thanks, we’ll see how things go.
No problem! Keep me posted!

ljg

You can do what I call a drop test, where you take a fish with the betta and how you would acclimate it. If the betta has interest in it, it is more likely going to become more interested as time progresses and eventually may hurt the platy. Or if it has no interest during the acclimation process, I would just leave your fish in the tank and watch for any signs of distress or markings on it for the first two days.

Most photos and links are disabled if you are not logged into the forum.

Top Bottom