platy with large white spot

jmccune3

Reaction score
Hi, one of my platy's has a white spot (just one and its kinda big) on the top part of his body, there looks to be stuff coming off of it, he is hiding all the time and hardly swimming anymore. What could this be?

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
it might be ich-- but that's a long shot without seeing it firsthand-- i've learned from my good friends here at fishlore... water change, water change, water change, -- can never hurt to change the water-- it's the best preventative measure you can take-- but if it is trully ich raising the temp gradually for 15 days to reach 80 will do the trick better than any treatment you can buy-- good luck-- someone here will know better than i and will probably help you out!! LILA

jmccune3

Reaction score
I don't think its ich because there is only ONE spot on him...it doesn't have the "salt" looking stuff...

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Didn't your angels die mysteriously not long ago? Perhaps the spot on your platy has something to do with it. Perhaps you have some disease in your tank? I've replied to your other post by the way.

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
my experience with ich is that it doesn't look satly at all but more cottony, like little peces of tissue stuckj to the fish--not crystally-- but crstally and warty would probably be more ofa sign of cauliflower disease-- how is you fish doing today?? LILA

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom