Platy VERY fat after giving birth

WagglePets

I’ve had this platy for about 2 months and she’s gradually gotten fatter and she released fry I don’t know how many I just found 3 after I came back from vacation and now she’s even fatter without a male in the tank??? Is she ok? She poops literally every time I look in the tank and I only feed once a day a medium amount

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 11

ForBettaorForWorse

All I know is that Livebearers can continue to give birth for months after being seperated from a male... But that wouldn't explain why she keeps getting larger...
Maybe try either peas or daphnia (I know daphnia works for bettas, not sure about platies..) If it is constipation, than that should help.

WagglePets

All I know is that Livebearers can continue to give birth for months after being seperated from a male... But that wouldn't explain why she keeps getting larger...
Maybe try either peas or daphnia (I know daphnia works for bettas, not sure about platies..) If it is constipation, than that should help.
Ya I guess it sounds like constipation but she poops these long strands almost 24/7 it’s so weird non of the others do that

ForBettaorForWorse

Weird. What color is the poop? Could it be parasites?

WagglePets

Weird. What color is the poop? Could it be parasites?
It’s like white/brown like a pale brown

ForBettaorForWorse

Hmm, I've heard that long white poops could mean parasites... Maybe pick up something for that, I don't know what to get...

WagglePets

Hmm, I've heard that long white poops could mean parasites... Maybe pick up something for that, I don't know what to get...
I have metroplex and prazipro I heard prazipro is safer should I use that? And if so is it mystery Snail Safe? if not I could just move them

ForBettaorForWorse

I'm not sure. When in doubt, move the snails?

WagglePets

Oh and is it safe for platy fry I have 3 newborn (1 week old) fry in a breeder net
Ok I’ll move the snails

WagglePets

Ok false alarm guys she finally gave birth last night unfortunatley I could only find one fry
But she’s a lot skinnier like normal weight

emeraldking

Ok false alarm guys she finally gave birth last night unfortunatley I could only find one fry
But she’s a lot skinnier like normal weight
Maybe some more are hiding...

OneMoreBetta

Did you separate the fry? It will probably be eaten otherwise

SparkyJones

Yeah sometimes they will give birth to fast developers and then again in a couple days to a couple weeks of more slow developers. It's not set in stone that they will birth all at once.

WagglePets

Did you separate the fry? It will probably be eaten otherwise
Ya it’s in a breeder net thing
Yeah sometimes they will give birth to fast developers and then again in a couple days to a couple weeks of more slow developers. It's not set in stone that they will birth all at once.
Ohhh ok
Maybe some more are hiding...
I rustled around the decor and only found 1 but then again you could be right

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
alienpompeii
  • ruthvsreality
  • Platy
Replies
Views
DoughBoy93090