Platy Pregnant - Help

Zniaz

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yes. I have bred livebearers for almost 2 years and can confirm that the orange platy is pregnant. You can tell by the white patch on the bottom which gives the strain of the fry on her belly. Congratulations on when the fry come!

OP
Monk

Monk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fantastic thanks. I have noticed ich starting on one of the gourami, I am worried about starting treatment until the fry have been born and moved to the smaller aquarium, any thoughts on this?

SarahMcGee

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Icu can be lethal if left untreated. Maybe just move the pregnant fish to the small tank if you're worried but she might already be contaminated with ich.

OP
Monk

Monk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
SarahMcGee said:
Icu can be lethal if left untreated. Maybe just move the pregnant fish to the small tank if you're worried but she might already be contaminated with ich.
Thanks Sarah, she has had some fry last night but I couldn’t only see 2 this morning, the angelfish may have had a light lunch.

Attachments

OP
Monk

Monk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yea the swordtail is male, I’m sure the father is black tail and orange body, the platy is the same so I’m exited to see if there are any more Fry when I get home and how they turn out

New Threads