Platy Pregnant - Help

Discussion in 'Platy' started by Monk, Apr 14, 2019.

1. MonkNew MemberMember

I could swear my platy is pregnant with the orange swordtail but I cannot find her gravid spot.

Any help confirming sex/pregnancy would be great thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. ZniazValued MemberMember

Yes. I have bred livebearers for almost 2 years and can confirm that the orange platy is pregnant. You can tell by the white patch on the bottom which gives the strain of the fry on her belly. Congratulations on when the fry come!

3. MonkNew MemberMember

Fantastic thanks. I have noticed ich starting on one of the gourami, I am worried about starting treatment until the fry have been born and moved to the smaller aquarium, any thoughts on this?

4. SarahMcGeeValued MemberMember

Icu can be lethal if left untreated. Maybe just move the pregnant fish to the small tank if you're worried but she might already be contaminated with ich.

5. MonkNew MemberMember

Thanks Sarah, she has had some fry last night but I couldn’t only see 2 this morning, the angel fish may have had a light lunch.

Attached Files:

6. Yale KimValued MemberMember

the swordtail is probably a male or something

7. MonkNew MemberMember

Yea the swordtail is male, I’m sure the father is black tail and orange body, the platy is the same so I’m exited to see if there are any more Fry when I get home and how they turn out