Platy or betta 23l fluval

1. ashleighh28 Well Known Member Member

[​IMG] after the death of my 5 platys. Im now stuck on getting more platys or getting a betta. But I can't find any fish stockers in Surrey that sell betta.

2. BellatheBetta Member Member

In that size tank, go for a betta. Bettas are easy to care for and have great personalities. I know that Maidenhead aquatics stocks them (Guildfrod branch at the Squires Garden Center) How did the platies die?? Is your tank cycled?

3. ashleighh28 Well Known Member Member

I've just restarted my tank it's not cycled yet. I miss my platys so much done so much research on them. I've not added any water conditioner either as the prime I've ordered hasn't arrived yet. I've just installed my new 50w heater though

4. KingD Well Known Member Member

Unfortunately, 23l is too small for 5 platy. They could have died from either an uncycled tank if you didnt cycle it or bad water parameters. So for a tank that size, go with a betta.

5. BellatheBetta Member Member

Ok read up on the nitrogen cycle and make sure that is completed first before adding fish. Then go with just 1 betta.

6. KingD Well Known Member Member

Agreed with above post

7. ashleighh28 Well Known Member Member

Thanks guys!

8. BellatheBetta Member Member

Its ok- good luck!

9. ashleighh28 Well Known Member Member

If I would want to do a fish In cycle would betta not be appropriate for that?