20 Gallon Tank Platy no longer pregnant after tank disaster

Cyndi Warren

My little female platy either had babies that got gobbled up or aborted her brood. it's a bummer. I was really hoping to get through the tank leak disaster with no casualties. IwI the nerite is still MIA.

crackedback

Ohhhh too bad...but not to worry if we all know platys, she be big bellied very shortly....

plecolove

hey, my platy just quit getting pregnant. Is that normal? I got her and her female friend and a male back last august and they have had several broods (I guess u would call it) but now they seem to be barren, no dark gravid spot at all. I don't really notice the male courting, but then I never did. He was very descreet with his business. They are fat and healthy looking, just no pregnancies in several months. I think the last babies were born in may.

Cyndi Warren

plecolove said:
hey, my platy just quit getting pregnant. Is that normal? I got her and her female friend and a male back last august and they have had several broods (I guess u would call it) but now they seem to be barren, no dark gravid spot at all. I don't really notice the male courting, but then I never did. He was very descreet with his business. They are fat and healthy looking, just no pregnancies in several months. I think the last babies were born in may.
That's a good question. Maybe it's Platy menopause - lol. You should probably ask it in it's own thread tho. I don't think people will see it here.

Latest threads

Top Bottom