Platy illness 55 Gallon Tank 

Nostrathomas

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have a 55 gallon tank. It's established and has been for about a year now. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and nitrates around 30. I have live plants in it and a few rocks. I'm using a Marineland Penguin 350 bio wheel filter. I also have bubble wands running nearly the length of the tank in the back. I change about 30% of the water every two weeks, I clean the gravel while I'm in there too. I don't have many fish in it right now- 1 black lace angelfish, 1 regular angelfish (A juvenile) 2 pearl danios, 3 dalmatian lyretail mollies, 1 diamond tetra, and a small swordtail. I did have platys in it for awhile, fish that I moved over from my 45 gallon tank, but I have since moved them to a 14 gallon tank because every one of them has the same problem, and I don't know what it is. They all have a white film over them and appear bent. I also had 2 of them in the 45 and they too came down with whatever this illness is. They still eat eagerly, but are covered in the white film and are crooked. I've looked extensively online and, as usual, have only come up with only more questions. I could not find any disease that describes what I see in these fish. I cannot post a pic here. I don't know why, no explanation is given. Any feedback would be appreciated.

bencross

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ok ur in luck my black mollies allways seem to get this. I'm not sure what it is but i used quick cure from walmart its cheap works wonders. i used it for this just to see what happened and it worked for me twice now. well good luck -ben

Nostrathomas

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ok Ben, thanks, will try it.

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You might have to have 50 post to put pictures on, or but maybe not. Have you tried the icon that looks like a stamp with a couple of mountains in the message entry area? I was wrong I saw pictures posted by a member with 11 post.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads