Platy Fry!

skappel

HI everyone!
I have a 85 gallon tank with the following:
1 pleco
8 corys
4 neon tetras
3 sunset platys

I noticed just before Christmas that one of the platys was looking really fat. It's an office fishtank, and another employee took care of them while I was out of town for the holidays. Came back today to platy fry!
I read a few older posts, and am going with the "circle of life" option here. Most will probably get eaten, but if some survive that's fine too. Can I get some advice on how best to care for the tiny guys? I have about 8 in the tank that I can spot, so I assume many of them have been eaten already. Although the mom fish is still pretty chubby so there are likely more coming as well!

I've been wanting to add some more fish as well so as horrible as it sounds, what would work well with what I already have, that would be interested in platy fry for dinner?

ProudPapa

I don't know if they'd eat the fry, but I'd add another 20 neons anyway. You have room. And at least 4 more corys.

mattgirl

My zebra danios made quick work of newborn molly fry. I witnessed them devouring the fry as I was trying to rescue some of them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BananaBean
  • Question
  • benchies
  • Platy
Replies
Views
benchies
  • Andrew waterson
  • Platy