Platy Fry Question

Diane_17

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was just doing my weekly water change and I saw a piece of debris going one way and swiftly turn around and go the other way. I took a closer look and saw a baby Platy!!! I was so shocked. None of my Platys looked like they were big enough to give birth. I only found the one. I removed him/her into a hang on the inside of the tank breeders box. I put an air stone in there and ground up some food and fed him a bit. What is the best way to keep this little guy alive? I have only had my platys about 5 weeks. Previously I have always had gold fish. My platys are in a 75 g tank that has been set up for about 8 or 9 years. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks so much!!!

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You're doing everything perfectly. : ) When it's about 2-3 months of age, then it should be large enough to be safely released from your breeder box.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I wouldn’t have the airstone in the box. I would have it under the box at the bottom of the aquarium.

I mist be tired today. I read this as “Plant Fry Question”.

Also, don’t feed too much and suck out the detritus in the box daily.

Diane_17

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the help, so please confirm - I should remove the air stone? Can they survive that long in a breeder box?

I have to look around in the basement. Somewhere I might still have a 10 gallon tank I could set up. Would that be better?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom