Platy fry not so small anymore :) Question

1. AdamR94 Initiate Member

My baby Platy fry I posted about a few weeks back are doing very well in fact they are growing quicker than I expected :) just a quick question is there anything I need to do to ensure these little dudes will survive? I don't want to have any unexpected deaths. They seem healthy but with me not knowing much about breeding I would appreciate a second opinion from you guys. Thanks :)

2. FiscCyning Member Member

Are they separate from the adults or have sufficient cover (like floating plants) to hide in? Otherwise just clean, clean water and make sure that they can eat the food you're feeding. :)

3. AdamR94 Initiate Member

I have them in a hatchery and what food Is best to feed them? I am currently feeding them finely ground flakes

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

If the fry are now big enough not to be eaten I'd let them back into the main tank if you're keeping them, I've always found fry do better when not confined for too long.
    They'll be fine on the same food as the adults just crushed small enough for their tiny mouths

5. ricmcc Well Known Member Member

When you mentioned that your fry are suddenly not so small anymore, I immediately thought of my daughter:)----------------rick

6. delta5 Well Known Member Member

Could you post pics of them?

7. AdamR94 Initiate Member

This one is about 2cm if not more just seems to have grown a lot quite quick

Attached Files:

8. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

They're big enough to go in with the adults & will enjoy the extra space