Platy Fish with white stringy poop but green at the end

AquaticRollxr

Hello, a couple days ago my platy fish had white stringy poop and at the end of it was green. Is this a internal parasite or it’s normal? Also afterwards I haven’t seen her poop a lot. Is this internal parasite or what?

ADFbreeder

It could mean your platy is/was overfed, underfed, or pregnant, but it’s not uncommon for livebearers. If your platy has any other symptoms, I would definitely reevaluate the situation.

What is the full stocking and how much are you feeding?

AquaticRollxr

It could mean your platy is/was overfed, underfed, or pregnant, but it’s not uncommon for livebearers. If your platy has any other symptoms, I would definitely reevaluate the situation.

What is the full stocking and how much are you feeding?
Yes, the few days before that I didn’t feed her and that day I didn’t feed her. Stocking is: 1 molly fish(male), 2 female platies Right now she is darting around the tank, she sometimes is not moving in the middle of the tank but fins aren’t clamped. She sometimes goes up and down against the glass or sideways against the glass. She is lethargic also and sometimes suddenly darts!!Is this normal?!

ADFbreeder

How big is the tank? And was it cycled? What are the parameters? And go you see any redness around the gills?

Also, just to clarify, are you saying you didn’t feed her for a few days? Or are you saying you didn’t feed her a few days ago, and you didn’t feed yesterday? Also, to both of the above questions, why?

Is she pregnant? Google pregnancy in platies. If she is, especially if she is late-stage, she might be having complications (like a miscarriage or a prolonged labor), as they usually give birth at night and act normal the next day.

Maybe your answers to the questions above will help, but we might have to wait for a platy expert to come along.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Jetshadow
  • Platy
Replies
Views
Broggy
  • BobbyPickles1027
  • Platy
Replies
Views
BobbyPickles1027