Platy fish pregnant again? 10 Gallon Tank 

Somethings Fishy

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HI I have a male and female platy and my female just had her babies about 2 weeks ago but looking at her she looks pregnant AGAIN! Could this be? How often do they get pregnant? Please help I have a lil tank and have other fish in there with them took only a few of her last batch and put them in a lil incubator. So was wondering about how many times can they get pregnant and can she be already pregnant this fast. The male follows her everywhere she goes doesn't always peck at her but is always close by no matter where it is she goes. Thanks for reading and for any replies!

pinksprklmonkey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They breed once a month. So yes, she is probably pregnant. If you don't want fry, I suggest you rehome your male. But even then she will continue to have babies for a few months as they can store sperm.

Also, I see that you don't know about the nitrogen cycle. Please click on the words and it will take you to a page explaining it. It is extremely important to keeping healthy fish. Good luck and welcome to Fishlore!

Somethings Fishy

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you for the information and the help. NO I am relatively new to this and I love just watching the fish and I do know they need room to swim so to make sure the tank doesn't become over crowded but that's about it. Thank you for the help again....

fishyfishyfishy13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
you shouldn't have to worry about seeing fry for another 2 weeks... platys will give birth about every 25-30 days

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads