Platy chasing danio

Sarah1230ox

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi everyone, i feel like giving up at the moment not only do i have a leopard danio being bullied by the others, today my male platy is constantly following my pearl danio around! He isnt leaving them alone, hes about the same size as them so could he be thinking they are female platy? Hes never done this before! Well not that ive seen. So could he be trying to mate with them? My tank is 135 litres they've lived together for over a year the tank is cycled. 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 10 nitrate! Would putting the male platy in a breeders net for a few hours then adding him back help at all? Thanks.

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Sarah1230ox said:
Hi everyone, i feel like giving up at the moment not only do i have a leopard danio being bullied by the others, today my male platy is constantly following my pearl danio around! He isnt leaving them alone, hes about the same size as them so could he be thinking they are female platy? Hes never done this before! Well not that ive seen. So could he be trying to mate with them? My tank is 135 litres they've lived together for over a year the tank is cycled. 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 10 nitrate! Would putting the male platy in a breeders net for a few hours then adding him back help at all? Thanks.
I would try re-scaping the tank to reset territories if I were you.

New Threads