Plattie just had 30-50fry, please help

spandex

Hello,
I was thinking my platy was sick so I put her in a breeding net incase she died and didnt hurt any other fish.
I looked at the box and have around 30-50fry in there now.

how do I feed them and look after them. how long will it take for them to grow up to around 1-2cm?

how do I feed them etc
thank you

Stradius011

You should feed them live food (daphnia, baby brine shrimp, microworms, vinegar eels) or the dust powders at the bottom of any freeze-dried food. You should also feed powdered flake food. You can make them by putting flake foods in a plastic ziploc bag and crushing them. Congradulations! Good luck!

spandex

I have just given them their own tank, I have got some liquid food, and I will feed them the flake dust.

any idea on how long it will take them to get a little bigger? around 1cm or so?

also didnt want to make another post, How can I lower my water hardness, it takes 20drops to change colour. my fish store said around 5-6 drops is my goal. I have a patch I put into the tank to lower the hardness problem is it needs salt to recharge. and the salt in it how now raised it from 16 to 22 now :S

I'm worried it will hurt my other fish. all tests come up great, ph is 6.8, water temp is 27-29
4foot 160lt tank

Stradius011

It depends how many water changes and the nutrition of their foods and their tank size to know how fast they grow. I don't like using the stuff that lowers the water hardness because they are usually not stable and I don't like using chemicls.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom