Platies Staying At The Top Of The Tank

MBN

Reaction score
Dear all,
First of all thank you for the opportunity to ask a question. It is very helpful and much appreciated. Here is a short story. Our aquarium is 2 month old. It's 20 gallon and has 6 platies and 1 clown pleco. Amonia is 0, Nitrate 10, Nitrite 0, GH 150, Chlorine 0, KH 120, pH 7.5. we use RO water because our tap is high in ammonia and we add 1/2 tsp of backing soda to increase hardness of RO water when we do a WC. We also add stresszyme, quick start and prime. But I am wondering if I should stop adding stresszyme and quick start.
We have Elodea and couple other live plants which we do not fertilize. In the last 3 days our smallest platy ( we had her from the beginning of the aquarium) spends a lot of time at the top. She comes to a feeding but not very active. We do not see anything wrong we her visually. I will try to post a picture. Any suggestions to help out our little platy will be very much appreciated. Thank you!!!?

MBN

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I will read more on that. I was trying to post a picture but I am not sure I am doing this right.

MBN

Reaction score
Dear all, our platy in concern have passed . It took 2 weeks since the fist sign of troubles. We took care of water, added air sptone etc. Very sad. In the last few min I saw a red worm like structures protruding from her rear. After reading a lot, I am suspecting camallanus worms. All other fish is doing great. I am watching the poop - looks good Question to you, dear all, should I obtain levamisol and treat entire tank. Or, I can do more vacuuming and WC? I am worry about several 5 mm babies that were born in the tank. They are adorable. Water paraments are the same as in original post. Please advise!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom