Platies questions

ChiLady

Valued Member
Reaction score
OK group, I have 5 Platies that like to hide away in the tank. They only come out of hiding when I feed them, and then only to dart out and back into the greenery I have supplied them for their shelter. So my question is, what is a good fish that can be in the same tank as them. But one that will be out in the open?

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
How big is the tank and what else is in the tank now?

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Platies don't usually hide away and how long have they been in the tank? How big is the tank?

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi,

May be your platies are affected by the fish tank cycle your tank may undergo.

By the way, how big is your tank? It would be helpful if you can come up with the Ammonia/Nitrite readings.

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Chilady, my Platties share a tank quite happily with Mollies and Swordtails.. if you go for a mix of colors and stick to the three females to one male ratio, you'll have a great visual experience plus happy fish.. whether or not you can safely add more fish though, rests on how big your aquarium is.. if you're not sure, just measure length, width and depth, post your findings and I'll see if I can do a conversion for you to litres or gallons.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That is strange that the Platys are hiding. They are usually bold, curious, and friendly. Mine used to come up and nip me when I did water changes. Sometimes fish will hide though if they are newly introduced to a tank, if they are sick, or if they are being bullied by one individual.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom