Plastic light guards

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
We need a few of the plastic guards that go over the tank lights - does anyone know where you can buy them? Thanks.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm not sure what you mean?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
atmmachine said:
I'm not sure what you mean?
On the tank hood, we have an opaque piece of plastic that sort of wraps around the light and is in between the light bulb and the water.. so if water spray from the air stone flies up, it hits that plastic and not the bulb.

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You want just the clear plastic piece or an entire hood? Just the piece would depend on your tank size and if you have a hood or not. The only thing that I could find that might fit what you are looking for . You could just use the back part and leave the door section off.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yea, just the plastic piece that goes over the light. We got one 10 gallon at a yard sale that doesn't have them, but the new 10 gallon tanks we bought do. The 5 gallon hex didn't have one so that's why i took one out of one of the 10 gallon tanks and put it into the 5 gallon's hood over the FL light.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
O are those the one's that you put over incadescent hoods like in the picture, if so I don't know if you can just buy those. I would just get a glass versa-top like luniyn said, there cheap too.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yea, those are what we were looking for. Probably will have to go with those new tops in time.. as we go down the list of fish supplies we need to buy. LOL. thanks for the help.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
sure, and nope never seen those sold separately. the glass versa-tops are pretty cheap at pet supplies plus.

kalika

Valued Member
Reaction score
Maybe trying a manufacture's website to see if you can get a part. Otherwise maybe you would just want a new hood that has the shield built in.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Kalika said:
Maybe trying a manufacture's website to see if you can get a part. Otherwise maybe you would just want a new hood that has the shield built in.
Yea, i think we'll look into new hoods.. maybe for all the tanks.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom