plants - Page 2

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
o ok thx all! I will try to convince my dad to take me to petco or petsmrat, they are both right next to each other practically but they are 35-40 mins away...my dad because he wants me to get real plants cuz theyre so cool, I told him theyre also good 4 the fish and tank...

OP
atmmachine816

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
o well that sucks I hav one fish store mainly 1 mile from me that I can walk or ride bike to and another one less than a mile from that one and more within 20 min

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Crypts are very good plants for your tank.  Do some research on , and see if your fish store can order you the plants you are interested in. 

OP
atmmachine816

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ya I did right now I would like to get java fern xmas moss brown wendtiI more crypts and some sort of plant that looks like grass with the long skinny leaves I like that stuff

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Oh goodness yes! I got rid of my Java Moss because I couldn't keep it contained and I am still (3 months later) finding strands of it on everything when I change water and clean the tank and vacuum the gravel. It is pretty but when the fish (especially those with long fins) swim past it, it goes EVERYWHERE.

Rose

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got some plants called "Pellia" (they are beautiful) but they have no roots. They are heavier thaan water so they do sink, but I am wondering, How do I keep them from being swished around when the fish travel over them. They move very easily. I want to be able to use them somewhere in the aquarium but right now they are in a tank all by themselves besause they were so fragile when they got here (they came from Singapore).

I have been giving them Iron, Vitamins, and Plant Food to kind to hefty them up a little. (Red Sea)

Rose

OP
atmmachine816

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
maybe u could tie them to something with fishing wire or something and I have ordered xmass mos and star grass anyboyd konw anything bout that besiedes wat iss on fishgeek or any tips b/c I'm hoping it will come it but not sure

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
inow have som live plants, wisteria, hygrophilia, and anacharis, but now my fish are sick! (a topic in disease section) :'( I rinsed them off first in warm water...anyway I will post some pics when I get a sec!

bear with me, my space bar isn't working right. :-\

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Plants amke a tank more healthy for fish not less. sorry about your fish.
Carol

New Threads