Plants!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by rae64, Mar 24, 2010.

1. rae64

rae64 Well Known Member Member

So, my plants came today, and here is the result!! This is my 10 gallon for Micah (a MM betta... pic enclosed! photo credit to her) and my 29 gallon community. I also included some pics of the community tank inhabitants... well, a few of them at least.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  2. OP
    OP
    rae64

sorry some of the pics are sideways.... lol

Attached Files:

3. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Great Job Rae!

I love the whole planted look

CB

4. OP
    OP
    rae64

Thanks! Can't wait until everything grows in :)

5. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Wow, those tanks look great! How do you like the new plants? :)

6. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

:sign0005:

7. OP
    OP
    rae64

I LOVE the new plants harpua!! They look fabulous :) The anubias nana did look really good, you were right! One of the bags leaked a little, but no major damage was done.

Thanks lorabell :)

8. harpua2002

Thanks for the feedback, I will start double bagging in the future. It was my first time using these bags we just got. Everything in your pics looked like it made the trip well, so I'm happy about that. :)

I use the water sprite as a floating plant. A lot of people are successful planting it in the substrate, but it's never worked for me. LOL. If you have any trouble with it planted (which you probably won't), try floating it.

9. OP
    OP
    rae64

Oh on lol thanks :) I wasn't quite sure what to do with it so i planted it... Lol

10. a

acea091489 Valued Member Member

The tank looks great. Fish look nice and healthy too.

11. s

s2dat Valued Member Member

Your tank is really starting to stand out, nice job. Just a question, what type of of pleco is that? I couldnt find the information in your profile

12. FishVixen

FishVixen Valued Member Member

WOW tank looks great. I received my leaking plants today also. LOL no big deal the box was just alittle wet. She does have nice plants and now so do you.

13. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

It's a bristlenose :)
    carol

14. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Beautiful! :;perfect

Ken

15. OP
    OP
    rae64

Thanks everyone!!! Yes, he is a BN, but his bristles are not in yet. I think he may be a starlight or snowflake BN because of the white edging on his fins (hard to see in the pic, but obvious in person) Any imput on this would be much appreciated :)

Harpua, I was thinking about how you packed the plants, and I think the plant bags were leaking from the open end where they were tied. I didn't find any punctures on the bags, and they still held water. Perhaps tie knots in them next time? Just a thought :)

16. harpua2002

Wow, that is really strange! I've bagged stuff that way for years, lol. But I'm still sort of new to shipping so again, I really appreciate the feedback! I'll figure out a better solution before I send out any more plants.

17. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I thought starloght Bns had white spots on the body :;dk
    When I mail plants I wrap them in wet paper towels and then put them in a zip lock bag inside another ziplock bag. Not had any leaks yet :)
    Carol

18. harpua2002

That's how I was doing it, but I got fish bags ordered as the Ziplocs are going to get very expensive quick, lol. ;D

19. OP
    OP
    rae64

The pleco's spots are not very noticeable in the pic, but they are obvious in person. They are not white, but are pretty pronounced. I was thinking along the lines of a snowflake, he looks like the google images pictures. Maybe he is just a normal one, but he does not really look like the pictures I pull up.

20. a

ashBO4yuh New Member Member

I love your plants! I was wondering if you could tell me what sort of plant that is in the first batch of pictures, the big, spindly one on the right hand side? I love it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice