Plants!!

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So, my plants came today, and here is the result!! This is my 10 gallon for Micah (a MM betta... pic enclosed! photo credit to her) and my 29 gallon community. I also included some pics of the community tank inhabitants... well, a few of them at least.

Attachments

Last edited:

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks! Can't wait until everything grows in

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I LOVE the new plants harpua!! They look fabulous The anubias nana did look really good, you were right! One of the bags leaked a little, but no major damage was done.

Thanks lorabell

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks for the feedback, I will start double bagging in the future. It was my first time using these bags we just got. Everything in your pics looked like it made the trip well, so I'm happy about that.

I use the water sprite as a floating plant. A lot of people are successful planting it in the substrate, but it's never worked for me. LOL. If you have any trouble with it planted (which you probably won't), try floating it.

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Oh on lol thanks I wasn't quite sure what to do with it so i planted it... Lol

s2dat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Your tank is really starting to stand out, nice job. Just a question, what type of of pleco is that? I couldnt find the information in your profile

FishVixen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
WOW tank looks great. I received my leaking plants today also. LOL no big deal the box was just alittle wet. She does have nice plants and now so do you.

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks everyone!!! Yes, he is a BN, but his bristles are not in yet. I think he may be a starlight or snowflake BN because of the white edging on his fins (hard to see in the pic, but obvious in person) Any imput on this would be much appreciated

Harpua, I was thinking about how you packed the plants, and I think the plant bags were leaking from the open end where they were tied. I didn't find any punctures on the bags, and they still held water. Perhaps tie knots in them next time? Just a thought

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow, that is really strange! I've bagged stuff that way for years, lol. But I'm still sort of new to shipping so again, I really appreciate the feedback! I'll figure out a better solution before I send out any more plants.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I thought starloght Bns had white spots on the body
When I mail plants I wrap them in wet paper towels and then put them in a zip lock bag inside another ziplock bag. Not had any leaks yet
Carol

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The pleco's spots are not very noticeable in the pic, but they are obvious in person. They are not white, but are pretty pronounced. I was thinking along the lines of a snowflake, he looks like the google images pictures. Maybe he is just a normal one, but he does not really look like the pictures I pull up.

ashBO4yuh

Reaction score
I love your plants! I was wondering if you could tell me what sort of plant that is in the first batch of pictures, the big, spindly one on the right hand side? I love it!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom