Plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by RWP0505, Jul 19, 2017.

1. RWP0505

RWP0505Valued MemberMember

2. MelloYello

MelloYelloValued MemberMember

Ive had success with allot of them: (without root tabs, with ferts and medium lighting)

-Amazon sword
    -Italian Val
    -val americana
    -Dwarf Pennywort
    -Lots of different stem plants
    -Temple plant

And Ive herd good things about s-reppins however I have tried to order it 3 times now and received the wrong plant all 3 times! So I cant tell you myself.

These are photos after they where first planted and they are still doing great.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2017
  3. Jocelyn AdelmanFishlore VIPMember

@MelloYello staurogeyne repens is a low growing carpeting plantthat is bushy. What you have pictured is hydrocotyle, most likely hydrocotyle triparta 'japan'.

@RWP0505 most any plant will do well in sand, however it's a good idea to use plenty of root tabs to support growth.

4. MelloYello

MelloYelloValued MemberMember

I didnt say that I have s-reppens I said I tried multipule times to get it and failed
    and hydrocotyle triparta 'japan' was also nicknamed dawf pennywort...
    Amazon.com : Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan | Dwarf Pennywort Live Aquarium Plant Potted for Freshwater Fish Tank by Greenpro : Pet Supplies

I actually recieved 2 plants of this japan stuff instead of s-repins, however it is doing a good job carpeting in my sand. I even have some pearling! :D

5. -Mak-

-Mak-Well Known MemberMember

Yes, almost any rooted plant is able to grow in sand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice