Plants Under/near Filter Outflow?

Algonquin

So I just started the fishless cycle on my new 10 gallon tank last night. I've got a few plants in there with some driftwood - Java Fern, Java Moss, Corkscrew Val (I think) and a small floating bit of Hornwort. I'd like to add maybe a Moneywort or something 'bushy' to a more open area of the tank to fill it in... but the open space is under the filter outflow. Would a Moneywort plant be ok in the direct water flow? If not, what smaller/midground plants would work in that kind of current? I'm only doing low light and 'easy/beginner' plants in this tank...

thanks!

Fishstuff

oh yeah, the more movement in the tank, the sturdier the plant. it may not look good waving around, but it will help toughen it up.

Algonquin

Great! So it's not too 'delicate' of a plant that it would get beaten up? Any other suggestions for other plants that would work?

Fishstuff

Great! So it's not too 'delicate' of a plant that it would get beaten up? Any other suggestions for other plants that would work?
You actually can train regular moss to grow underwater. You should look up the video

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
LanceDog
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies
Views
LanceDog
Replies