Plants melting back question

amandaurmann

How long do new plants take to “melt back” if they’re going to melt back?

I put some floating plants (duckweed, giant duckweed, frogbit) in about a week to a week and a half ago and I’ve seen some yellowing leaves but it doesn’t appear many have died, if any have at all (knock on wood*) so I’m just trying to get a rough guess on what the average time is to know that they’ve taken “root” so I don’t have to be all paranoid about them dying and causing issues in my tanks rather than helping

also, how long does it take to notice a difference in nitrates for these plants to help? (I also have pothos, tradescantia zebrina, lucky bamboo and other various plants (anubias, Java fern types, mostly) so it isn’t just the floaters)

StarGirl

They dont always melt. Stem plants are all I have had that melted on me. I have no idea how long it takes for Nitrates to show. I guess it depends on how much water you change, the size of the tank etc.

zakBlanco

How long do new plants take to “melt back” if they’re going to melt back?
snaptube vidmate
I put some floating plants (duckweed, giant duckweed, frogbit) in about a week to a week and a half ago and I’ve seen some yellowing leaves but it doesn’t appear many have died, if any have at all (knock on wood*) so I’m just trying to get a rough guess on what the average time is to know that they’ve taken “root” so I don’t have to be all paranoid about them dying and causing issues in my tanks rather than helping
I don't remember that these have melted on me , I have them for months I don't know in the comming days what would happen

FishDin

I've had cryps and swords melt. They have started within a week of planting, but I have no idea if that is a "normal" expectation.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
sairving
  • Question
Replies
Views
BiologicalNerd
Replies