Plants leave withering

Calsizzle

Hey guys so I scaped this tank a week ago. It has CO2 it has reached flourish. I used the 2 hour aquarist 3 APT fertilizer but this plant leaf is becoming black. It’s growing but it’s getting black and I want to know why . All the other plants are growing and are healthy. Thanks guys

Attachments

• A1BB9AC6-288A-4FE3-9060-AB7DDD850A4C.jpeg
    A1BB9AC6-288A-4FE3-9060-AB7DDD850A4C.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 19

Mudminnow

I think it's tough to tell from the photo, but it looks like some algae may be growing on some of the older leaves.

Upvote 0

Calsizzle

Ohhh someone said it’s melting, it’s okay since this is a new plat so I’m not sure ?

Upvote 0

Mudminnow

Ohhh someone said it’s melting, it’s okay since this is a new plat so I’m not sure ?
I doubt it's melting, because melting plants usually get lighter in color...not darker.

Upvote 0

Calsizzle

When I just touch the leaf, it comes off they are that fragile. So it’s algae but what type the tho. The rest of my tank is crystal clear

Upvote 0

Mudminnow

When I just touch the leaf, it comes off they are that fragile. So it’s algae but what type the tho. The rest of my tank is crystal clear
If they are that fragile, it does sound like the leaves are melting or deteriorating in some way. Perhaps what is happening is that the leaves are melting, but, as they do, they are getting covered with algae. This makes sense, because deteriorating leaves feed algae.

I can't tell from the picture what kind of algae it is though.

Upvote 0

Calsizzle

I can’t send a video but, when I went to touch the leaf to remove the algae. It literally just popped off with the slightest of touches. Melting is good it means the plants are getting used to the new water so yay I guess?. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Upvote 0

Mudminnow

I can’t send a video but, when I went to touch the leaf to remove the algae. It literally just popped off with the slightest of touches. Melting is good it means the plants are getting used to the new water so yay I guess?. Correct me if I’m wrong.
That's one way of looking at it. And, so long as the plants come back healthy, I would agree with you. Time will tell.

Upvote 0

Calsizzle

Hopefully with the co2 and flourish tabs and ferts it will.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Theulli
Replies
Views
CoconutTheBetta
  • Question
Replies
Views