Plants healthier with Otocinclus?

FloatyGimpy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Is it good for plants to have an Oto cleaning off its leaves? Even if you don't have a big algae problem? Will they benefit from having an oto "taking care" of them?

MacZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Good question. It does no harm either, so... no idea if it's beneficial, unless you have a massive algae problem so the plants would get light-deprived by overgrowth.

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If the plant has no algae i would refrain on getting a oto.

FloatyGimpy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have lots of plants, mostly they're doing very well and healthy. I have a couple of Anubias that have some brown algae on them that would probably benefit from some otos. I would definitely have to supplement their feeding with algae wafers and veggies. I just wonder if there would be some benefit to the plants to have an oto regularly wiping them down?

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The plants looking clean.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FloatyGimpy said:
I have lots of plants, mostly they're doing very well and healthy. I have a couple of Anubias that have some brown algae on them that would probably benefit from some otos. I would definitely have to supplement their feeding with algae wafers and veggies. I just wonder if there would be some benefit to the plants to have an oto regularly wiping them down?
Also provide them with some protein.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom